Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Introducing Blogger: AaronS

Hello readers of C-U Shows, it is I blogger Aaron S!

I wanted to tell you a little about myself before I posted to this, an icebreaker if you will.

I am currently a freshman here at U of I, I hail from Peoria, IL, and music is a pretty large chunk of my life currently. I have a dog back home named Lucy. I am super duper good friends with a boy named Jared, who lives in Minnesota, that I video message every other day. I have played in the band Druids and I am currently performing with the NJCK Cowboys pretty infrequently. Fun stuff.

I hope you feel like you know me, as well as I hope I feel like I know me.

On a side note, I wanted to spotlight two of Pygmalion bands that Ben left out that I feel are worth mentioning. Unfortunately, these two bands are playing on Saturday, but fortunately, at different times!

Tyson and the Friction (8:15 pm Mike n’ Molly’s): This new-wave, power-pop trio is made up of Tyson Markley of Amazing Kill-o-Watts, Dylan Stanford of Fly TV, and G.A.R.Y their “bass, drum, and attitude” computer companion. This band’s beats can’t be beat! Their poppy tunes will be stuck in your head for days. Check them out and dance your heart out!
www.myspace.com/tysonandthefriction

Now, Now Every Children (11:00 pm Red Herring): These cool dudes hail from Minnesota, coming down to play this show while not on tour, isn’t that sweet? Although they play softer indie rock, they will keep you tapping your foot and bobbing your head to the music until the last note of their last song. Plus, they’re probably the nicest band I have ever met, so make sure you go say hi after!
www.myspace.com/nownoweverychildren

So, keep these two close in your thoughts while you’re deciding what to listen to on that jam-packed Saturday night.

Matt & Kim review coming either later tonight or tomorrow! Stay posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment